Wednesday, April 05, 2006

C.H. Spurgeon: Come Ye Out

I have taken a deep interest in the struggles of the orthodox brethren; but I have never advised those struggles, nor entertained the slightest hope of their success. My course has been of another kind. As soon as I saw, or thought I saw, that error had become firmly established, I did not deliberate, but quitted the body at once. Since then my one counsel has been: 'Come ye out from among them.' If I have rejoiced in their loyalty to Christ's truth which has been shown in other courses of action, yet I have felt that no protest could be equal to that distinct separation from known evil. -C.H. Spurgeon

Source: Sword and Trowel Magazine: December, 1888

Special thanks to Rick Barnes for this quote!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home